Posts

Posts

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Jox Vox - Vol. 3


Time for a skirl fae the loon o'er the happenings up in yon pairts.

First off there's little 'n' large. Go on guess which one interests me more? Staying on topic, this is just plain daft. Where on earth are you going to get a Scotsman to pay 10K for a comparatively wee bottle? As it happens, Glenfiddich is one of the few drams I would turn down anyway. Not for me, even if I had a hotline to Derren Brown. However, this does interest me.

Meanwhile a local brewery has a novel approach to helping tackle the country's binge-drinking culture.

Linking on the theme of alcohol, I liked this crumbly's honesty.

Conversely, as an antedote, the following story jumped out at me and in my best Sun headline mode I decided on: Little Toads!

Apparently, Sir Terry Wogan has said, "I can't go back to Toy Town
™." As folk up here would say, "You big Jessie."

It's now official, a heap of money has been lost in translation. Teaching English is not going to help when our visitors are confronted with the Doric!

..... and finally a word or two about our apparently shrinking ovine friends.

I started off this post whining about being fleeced, but there is only one winner in that category, especially as our roasting hot summer has done for a predecessor.

Dun.

© McNoddy
Published by Toy Town™ Times

2 comments:

Fitaloon said...

Glenfiddich may not be one of your favourites but certainly is one of mine, particularly the 18 yo which is v good.
Damn fine place to visit too especially on the connoisseurs tour which is guaranteed to have you feeling a little more than light-headed after the three hours.

McNoddy said...

I must admit it has a damn fine car park, picnic area and toilets, which I use occasionally on trips north!

You have yet to convince me about the drams though.

No comment about Mrs 'T'?