Posts

Posts

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Myanmar has gone too far

I generally avoid going political, 'cos I'm not meant to, but then I didn't get a Masters Degree in International Politics to switch off to what's going on in our little world.

Click on this link to see what has got me rightly worried.

If you asked me who is the person I would most like to meet and for whom I have the greatest respect for on this planet, then it would be
Aung San Suu Kyi. Her nation is being torn apart by an evil junta which makes Saddam look like a cuddly benefactor. Now they are kicking out the Red Cross. It really is time to worry about Burma.

If you want to see what's happening take a trip to the Burma Campaign UK and then have a look and weep at the official Myanmar website.

3 comments:

Annette said...

Yes, I see what you mean.

Scipio said...

Not a nice world out there is it?Have a look at Dafur too,another nightmare being ignored!

McNoddy said...

Scipio,

I agree Darfur is a mess too, but the difference is that there shouldn't be a problem in Burma. There are no real religious/tribal/national movement issues. It is just a ruthless crackpot regime. It could all be solved easily. Now Darfur, that's a different matter, but a human tragedy all the same.

Thanks for the comment.