Posts

Posts

Saturday, December 26, 2009

Boxing Day


Christmas is over for another year and it's early turn for me in the area of Toy Town™ that is euphemistically referred to as 'Domesticville'.

Two things struck me (sic) about policing 'Boxing Day':

Firstly, the name derives from the tradition of giving seasonal gifts, on the day after Christmas, to less wealthy people and social inferiors.

Secondly, the portentous nature of the naming of the day.

Here's a tip for quarrelsome significant others; try the latter and in the spirit of giving I can offer you an en-suite room with no view, because knowing my customer base, I have a feeling I'm going to be a very generous innkeeper.

© Mr Plod
Published by Toy Town™ Times

1 comment:

Officer Dibble said...

Noddy
All the best for 2010 to yourself and Toytowns finest.