Posts

Posts

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

My God an iPod


....... or Jukebox Jury?

I couldn't quite decide which byline to use, but either way, it just goes to show how far these little 'toys' have permeated all areas of society.

I wager that this errant young lassie will come to realise just how fundamental Jury Service is as part of a British Citizen's duty.

However, I wonder how much the apparent religious affiliation of the perpetrator had to do with the media interest in this incident. If it had been a chavette in a hoodie would it be so news worthy? Amusing yes, but I cannot help but think that there is an underlying agenda in the reporting.


I rather suspect her fascination with technology and rock'n'roll might not go down so well with her own religion's elders, but it is not as if I haven't suffered the onslaught of modern technology coupled with ancient belief systems, such as when living in an Islamic country I was woken at 5am by Muezzins calling the faithful to prayer from minarets bedecked with multiwatt amplified speakers that wouldn't have looked out of place at Glastonbury. Give me a merry bunch of campanologists any day!

Anyway, help is at hand for the poor wee lassie.

Nevertheless,
when the sentencing time comes round I can almost hear the Judge uttering those immortal words of Brummie Janice Nicholls from the contemporary programme 'Spin a Disc', "I'll give it five."

p.s.


Those clever 'Jobbers' have also come up with the latest gizmo for British Airways' check-in staff.



© Chill Bill

Published by Toy Town™ Times

2 comments:

Gazza said...

To plagurise the infamous Clash lyrics,
"Sharif (sheriff) don't like it, Rock the Casbah"

Annette said...

That young lassie deserves to go to prison for that.

I have been on jury service and I found it very hard work, the concentration you need is unbelievable.

She's treating it with contempt.