Posts

Posts

Sunday, June 17, 2007

I know exactly what you're feelin'


It's Father's day and just like the ASDA Annihilator, I find it a day difficult to deal with, but here's a thought ripped mercilessly from one of my favourite 70's bands that I have been cryptically referring to, in best Gadgety* style, in my last few blogs;



Don't let the tears linger on inside now
Cos it's sure time you gained control
If I can help you, if I can help you
If I can help you, just let me know
Well, let me show you the nearest signpost
To get your heart back and on the road
If I can help you, if I can help you
If I can help you, just let me know.

In a recent wishlist, reproduced on a number of blogs, of the 5 people YOU would like to meet in heaven, just supposing we are allowed in, most plumped for their fathers to fill the No.1 spot. A few mentioned Monty aka Viscount Montgomery of Alamein and they liked the photo I linked to of the old man (under the marker) with him taken in about 1948, so I have reproduced it here to mark my old man's place in my heart.










Kids, if you are reading this and also those young enough to have a father to HUG, do so today. He might not be around as long as you would like.

* - check tag for more cryptic connections.

© Noddy

Published by Toy Town™ Times

No comments: